- 1 pack coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 pack flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Put all of the ingredients except the oil in a small food processor and blitz until very finely chopped. Alternatively, chop up all the herbs and garlic with a knife then stir in the vinegar. Add the oil, stir and season well with salt and pepper.
- This is enough for 500g of chicken (breast or thigh meat). Coat the raw chicken in the marinade and leave in the mixture, covered in the fridge, for 1-2 hours before grilling or barbecuing.
Lemon & yogurt chicken flatbreads
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 flatbreads
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- ¼ red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, finely chopped
- Put the chicken in a bowl. Pare strips of zest from the lemon using a vegetable peeler, then juice the lemon too. Add the peel and half the juice to the chicken, along with the oregano (if using), garlic, cinnamon and oil. Mix well, cover and chill for an hour. The lemon juice will start to ‘cook’ the chicken, so don’t leave for longer.
- Heat the barbecue. If you are using coals, wait until they turn white. If you are indoors, heat a griddle pan. Thread the chicken strips onto a couple of metal skewers to stop them falling through the grate (you don’t need to do this for the griddle), then grill for a couple of mins each side. The strips will cook through quickly so don’t leave them too long. Season if you like.
- Warm the flatbreads on the edge of the barbecue (or on the griddle) for a minute, then transfer them to plates and spread each with ½ tbsp yogurt. Divide the chicken strips between them, then dot on the remaining yogurt and sprinkle over the pepper and lettuce. Fold or roll the flatbreads to eat.
Vegan Kebabs with avocado dressing
3½ tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp chilli flakes
3 rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
4 Portobello mushrooms, each cut into quarters
4 peaches, destoned, each cut into quarters
2 large corgettes, each cut into 8 chunks
2 large red onions, each cut into 8 wedges (leave the root on)
1 lemon juiced
½ tsp wholegrain mustard
large bag rocket, watercress and spinach salad
8 metal skewers
- Mix 3 tbsp oil with the crushed garlic, chilli flakes and rosemary. Thread alternate pieces of mushroom, peach, courgette and red onion onto each skewer – you can get two pieces of everything on each. Brush the kebabs with the flavoured olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, then set aside. The kebabs can be made the day before and kept in the fridge.
- Heat the barbecue or a grill to its highest setting. Meanwhile, blitz the avocado, half the lemon juice and 50ml water to a smooth dressing and season to taste. Whisk the remaining lemon juice, remaining ½ tbsp olive oil and mustard together, then toss with the mixed rocket salad and toasted seeds.
- Barbecue or grill the skewers for 4-5 mins on each side or until cooked through and nicely charred. Pile onto a platter and serve with the avocado dressing and salad on the side.
Lime, chilli & feta butter
- 150g butter
- 100g feta
- finely grated zest of 2 limes
- 1 finely chopped chilli
- handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Mash the butter until soft. Crumble over the feta and add the lime zest, chilli and chopped coriander leaves. Work everything together with a little salt, then chill until needed.