Summer is here! So, we have put together some of our top summer recipes from Asda Good Living that not only look amazing, they are quick, easy and absolutely delicious.
Strawberry Feta and Pine Nut Salad
- 20g Pine Nut Kernels
- 120g Strong Wild Rocket
- 300g strawberries, trimmed and quartered
- 100g Greek Feta
- 1tbsp balsamic glaze
- Put the pine nuts in a dry frying pan and toast over a medium heat until they turn golden.
- Layer the rocket on a serving platter. Top with the toasted pine nuts and strawberries, then crumble over the feta and season with a grind of black pepper. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze to serve.
Roast Chicken Salad With Sweet Potato Croutons
- Butcher’s Selection Extra Tasty British Medium Chicken Roast in the Bag (1.5kg)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 100g frozen garden peas
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- Juice ½ lemon
- 15g Parmesan shavings
- Sprigs fresh thyme, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
- Roast the chicken according to the pack instructions. Once the chicken is cooked, allow it to rest in the bag for 30 mins.
- While the chicken is resting, put the sweet potatoes in a roasting tin and toss with the oil, rosemary and garlic. Season with black pepper. Roast the sweet potatoes for 30-35 mins, stirring regularly, until tender and starting to colour.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the frozen peas for 3-4 mins, until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Reserve the cooking juices from the chicken, then carefully carve the meat off the thighs and legs, saving the rest of the chicken for another meal.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, peas, sweet potatoes and chicken.
- Before serving, stir 2tbsp of the reserved chicken cooking juices with the lemon juice and drizzle over the salad to dress. Sprinkle with the Parmesan shavings and sprigs of thyme to serve.
Goats Cheese & Butternut Squash with pickled Blackberries
- 150g fresh ripe blackberries
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 1tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 butternut squash (about 800g prepared), cut into chunks
- 2½tbsp rapeseed oil
- 150g Grower’s Selection British Unwashed Sliced Curly Kale, washed
- 50g pecans
- 100g Asda Goat’s Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Put the blackberries in a small bowl and lightly crush with the back of a fork. Add the shallot, white wine vinegar, caster sugar and thyme leaves. Stir together and set aside to pickle for at least 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the butternut squash on a baking tray, drizzle over 2tbsp of the rapeseed oil and toss to coat. Roast for 25 mins, turning halfway through. Scatter the kale over the top and cook for another 7 mins.
- While the butternut squash is roasting, scatter the pecans on another baking tray and cook in the oven for 5 mins. Allow to cool then break into pieces.
- To make the dressing, remove the blackberries from the vinegar mixture and set aside. Whisk the liquid together with the remaining rapeseed oil.
- To serve, layer the squash and kale on a serving dish and crumble over the goat’s cheese. Top with the pickled blackberries and pecans, drizzle with the dressing and season with pepper.