Due to the corona virus, many people are now working from the comfort of their own homes. Working from home can be hard as you have to separate work life from home life when both are happening in one place.
Here are a few tips to work effectively from home without driving yourself crazy.
1. First, get changed out of your pyjamas every morning. It’ll help get you in the right headspace for work and allow you to start the structure of your day.
2. Pick one or more dedicated workspaces, ideally with a decent chair that will support your back.
3. Keep your bedroom as a sacred space for sleeping and relaxing where work is banned. It’ll help make the work-life divide a little clearer.
4. Try wearing shoes, because let’s be real: You probably wouldn’t be chilling barefoot in an office.
5. Overworking can be a real issue, so clearly define what hours you will be working and stick to it.
6. Don’t do household chores randomly throughout the day, since it can get distracting. Instead, schedule a specific time for them.
7. Go outside! Even if it’s just a quick walk around your block, the fresh air will do wonders.
8. Stay active, there are plenty of effective online workouts you can do at home.